[kde-linux] Trouble with Kmail

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun May 18 16:01:54 UTC 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008 13:24:16 Joaquim BernĂ  i Torres wrote:
> Working with Kmail 1.9.6 on a KDE 3.5.6 environment I can't send but can
> receive mail using the same configuration as usual.
> Appreciate some help.
>
> Now I'm sending this message with Thunderbird :(

The most likely cause, IMO, is the tab where you specify whether to use
authentication.  Many ISPs use authentication to collect mail, but not to
send it, and will reject it if you include username and password.  The other
thing is if you have used 'Check what the server supports' on the Security
General tab, that may be giving you a wrong answer.  Unless you have
specifically been told to use TLS etc., set it to Plain.