[kde-linux] recommended books?

sf2rio sf2rio at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 11:28:17 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend a good book for background
understanding of KDE? I've looked at Amazon.com and
have seen "KDE for Linux for Dummies" and also
something called "KDE Bible."

I'm a newbie to Linux and KDE and I'm a pretty basic
home user; email, internet research, basic word
processing.

I've had my new system for a couple of months and I
understand how to operate everything that was
pre-installed on the notebook when I bought it.

My problem is that I don't know how to add/change
things. I have KDE 3.5 and I don't know if I should go
to KDE 4.0. I don't understand my options because I
don't really have a good overview.

I'm not a hacker and I don't intend to become one. I
can perform the functions in front of me, but I don't
know what "gentoo" means.

Any good books out there to help fill in some of the
gaps?

Thanks,

Sadakne Baroudi
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil