[kde-linux] KDE 4.0.3 "Unable to load library" problem

Tony Bloomfield tonyb.lx at btinternet.com
Wed May 7 08:47:46 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008 05:56:11 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> IIUC, you built KDE-4.0.3 using the instructions for building KDE TRUNK.
>   This doesn't seem like the best idea. :-)  Especially because the
> dependencies for the two ARE NOT the same. :-(

Any idea where the instructions for building TRUNK might be? It won't build
for me, even with Qt4.4 installed.

A post on the kde-devel list says to install Akonadi before building
kdepimlibs, but it didn't work for me. Rather than just post it as a problem,
it'd be nice to know where the proper instructions are.

> IAC, did you read any of my blurb:
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4.0

I think it's unfortunate that all the examples in there show downloading from
TRUNK. Since the instructions are different, maybe the examples could be
changed. (Being a lazy tyke, I just copy/paste them into konsole!)

--

Cheers,
TonyB