[kde-linux] unable to open suse_10.3-kwallet-file from suse_11-kwallet

Julien Michielsen julien at michkloo.xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 30 20:01:26 UTC 2008

Under SuSE 10.3 I happily used kwallet. Recently I installed opensuse 11
  and noticed I can't open the password file I used under 10.3
I saw the lines below in my /var/log/messages

kwalletmanager(4657)/kio (KIOJob) KDirModel::indexForUrl:
KUrl("file:///home/julien/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/julien.kwl") not found
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
   Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
   Resource id:  0x4c13d50
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
   Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
   Resource id:  0x4c1634a

The second line says the machine can't find the password-file. This to
my surprise, as I can make an ls of this file:
  ls /home/julien/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/julien.kwl -l
-rw------- 1 julien users 5632 Mar 30 21:22
/home/julien/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/julien.kwl

What could be the reason my suse_11 cannot open the kwallet I made under
suse_10.3?

Thanks
--
Julien Michielsen