[kde-linux] Installing KDE4 on Sid

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 29 21:19:32 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 21:00:41 david wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > The truth is that it will take us all a little while to learn just what
> > we can do with it.  I wonder how soon we will start to see 4.0 in
> > distros?
>
> I saw an announcement at kde.org that KDE4 should be showing up in
> lenny/sid.

Various statements I've seen suggest that distros will ship with KDE4, but not
as the default desktop.  I guess that's probably sensible.  Hopefully people
will only select KDE4 if they are prepared to put some effort in and help
squash bugs.  It's good that people want to see it, but real feedback is
needed, and it's not always forthcoming.