[kde-linux] Cannot access certain site

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 08:22:13 UTC 2008

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008, david wrote:
>
>> http://fiercestreetnetworks.com/
>>
>> But it still doesn't work right in Konqueror, while being perfectly
>> valid code that works in every other browser.
>
> You know that the site sends different output to Konqueror than to firefox,
> right?

How can I determine that?

> Now, why would a "perfectly valid" site do that?

I don't know - why don't you ask them? I can't imagine why someone would
  bother sending any special coding to Konqueror. According to
thecounter.com's current stats for the last 28 days, more people have
used IE4 and Netscape 4 than have used Konqueror.

The code they send to Firefox and the W3C validator is perfectly-valid
HTML and CSS. Conditional comments for IE are also valid code - they're
just HTML comments interpreted a particular way by IE browsers.

I don't really care if Konqueror is standards compliant or not - I don't
use it to browse the web. I only use it as an FTP client.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community