[kde-linux] Thanks was: [Re: restoring from backup in Konqueror (and Firefox on KDE)]

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:43:30 UTC 2008

Thanks, guys :-)

Having already put in most of the settings, I decided to stick with the
reinstall for all the program data, and get a tidied up version.  Quicker
than tidying up (which is why this had not been done :-(  ), and gives a
better result.  So, undeservedly, I have in the long run gained from my
mistake.

But thanks to you lot, I have now got (so far as I can see) all my data and
all my bookmarks etc. \o/ \o/

So - a valuable lesson learned (I hope!) about checking more carefully what my
habitual options are and why - or perhaps, not to do important jobs when I am
very tired and suffering from pleurisy.  (I was concentrating hard on copying
in the right direction, so that I didn't overlay my data with blanks.  I
ought to have concentrated hard on more than one thing at once.)

And an undeservedly good final result.

Thanks again for the help.  Much appreciated. :-)
Lisi