[kde-linux] Entering Track Names in KAudioCreator

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Tue Mar 25 00:39:25 UTC 2008

I'm using KDE 3.5.8 and KAudioCreator 1.3.

I end up getting a fair number of CDs that don't show up in the online
databases, so I have to enter the information by hand.  When I open the
edit window, I can easily tab between fields in the album info to enter
it all without having to switch from the keyboard to the mouse and
back.  The problem comes with entering track information.

Wen I get to the tracks, I can click on the title for a track and type
it in, then hit <enter> and it's stored.  Then I can hit the down arrow
and go to the next line, but once I do that, there's no way (at least
no documented way) to select the title for text entry from the
keyboard.

Am I wrong, or can I just hit some key and start typing in the title?

As it is, it's a perfect lesson in UI utility that sounds okay but is
absurd in real use because it requires the user, for each track, to
more their fingers from the home keys on the keyboard and use the mouse
instead of just using a keyboard short cut.

Please, tell me I'm wrong and there's a keystroke I can use to edit the
track title without first clicking on it!

Thanks!

Hal