[kde-linux] Using ctrl-alt-F# keys crashes KDE and X.

Phillip Pi ant at zimage.com
Wed Mar 12 06:42:19 UTC 2008

> >> You may want to reinstall the driver and try it again.  Don't forget to
> >> reload the module or reboot one.  May even try another version of the
> >> driver too.
> >>

> > Reinstall? Isn't that the same as recompiling from
> > http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/169.12/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12-pkg1.run
> > ? I noticed the installer removes and reinstall NVIDIA driver after it
> > finishes.
> >
> > I posted my issue in NVIDIA's Linux form:
> > http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1589973 ... I hope
> > those guys know what's up!
>
> I was thinking it could be a corrupt file or something like that. Just
> maybe.  Weird things happen.  Since I use Gentoo, it may be a bit different.

Too many weird things happen on computers. :)

> Since you narrowed it down to Nvidia causing this, that would be a good
> place to post this.  Maybe someone there can reproduce the problem that
> can debug it better than we can.

I hope so too!

> I hope this will get fixed soon for ya.  I hate it when their is a roach
> running around in software.   ;-)

Yep. OK, I am going to unsubscribe from this mailing list. It is not
KDE's issue. Thanks for the help, Dale! =) E-mail me if you need to
contact me. See you all later on (I am sure KDE problems will come up
[grin]).
--
"I've been on some fairways that are as good as the greens we putted on
back then. We had crab grass. I remember one green where I putted
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi at earthlink.net or ant at zimage.com
    ( )