[kde-linux] Using ctrl-alt-F# keys crashes KDE and X.

Dale dalek1967 at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 11 02:19:54 UTC 2008

Phillip Pi wrote:

> Is there a way to debug this into more details? Any tools to use? I
> don't think strace would work here?
>
> I also tried recompiling a binary NVIDIA driver (the newest non-beta
> one) and removing the shortcut keys for pager/virtual desktops. Still
> crashes. :(

I'm not even sure what you could reinstall in case it was a corrupt file
or something.  Does xorg handle the switch or does KDE see the key
pattern?  I'm not even sure of that.

What distro are you using?  Is it a binary based distro or one where you
compile your own?  I have Gentoo, compile your own, here and it works
fine from any desktop.

Dale

:-)  :-)