[kde-linux] Touchpad scrolling problem

Kevin M Coonan MD kevin.coonan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 10:06:20 UTC 2008

On Sunday 09 March 2008 03:43:37 Gaffer. wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> On Sunday 09 March 2008 07:16, Joe inscribed thus:
> > Repost from a week ago.  I really hope someone can help me with
> > this.
> >
> > I'm running kde 3.5.8 kubuntu gutsy on an HP Pavilion dv5020us
> > notebook with a
> > built-in synaptics touchpad.  I'm right handed and my finger always
> > ends up on the right edge of the touchpad which often causes
> > unintentional vertical scrolling that drives me crazy.
> >
> > I went into kde system settings - Keyboard and Mouse - touchpad -
> > scrolling  and unchecked both horizontal and vertical scrolling.  I
> > also installed ksynaptics which put a short cut to this section in
> > my panel.
> >
> > Whenever I boot (or log in?) vertical scrolling is still enabled.
> > I go to the above settings and it shows it as disabled.
> > If I enable it, apply and then disable, apply, then it turns off.
> >
> > Any ideas what could cause/fix this?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Joe
>
> You may have to make sure that the settings are read during booting.
> I had something similar and I had to change one of the "init"
> scripts.  Maybe someone else will jump in here because I no longer
> have the machine in order to go back and have a look at exactly what
> I did.
>
> HTH a little.

This may be a bit OT, but has anyone else had problems w/ seg faults whenever ksynaptic is closed?

Also, anyone have experience w/ the IBM UltraNav keyboards.  Same keyboard as the ThinkPad (track point + touch pad).  Seems like it worked for a bit, and now the select buttons for the trackpoint/touch pad are one or the other.

Kevin