[kde-linux] Touchpad scrolling problem

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Sun Mar 9 09:43:37 UTC 2008

Hi Joe,

On Sunday 09 March 2008 07:16, Joe inscribed thus:
> Repost from a week ago.  I really hope someone can help me with
> this.
>
> I'm running kde 3.5.8 kubuntu gutsy on an HP Pavilion dv5020us
> notebook with a
> built-in synaptics touchpad.  I'm right handed and my finger always
> ends up on the right edge of the touchpad which often causes
> unintentional vertical scrolling that drives me crazy.
>
> I went into kde system settings - Keyboard and Mouse - touchpad -
> scrolling  and unchecked both horizontal and vertical scrolling.  I
> also installed ksynaptics which put a short cut to this section in
> my panel.
>
> Whenever I boot (or log in?) vertical scrolling is still enabled.
> I go to the above settings and it shows it as disabled.
> If I enable it, apply and then disable, apply, then it turns off.
>
> Any ideas what could cause/fix this?
>
> TIA
>
> Joe

You may have to make sure that the settings are read during booting.
I had something similar and I had to change one of the "init"
scripts.  Maybe someone else will jump in here because I no longer
have the machine in order to go back and have a look at exactly what
I did.

HTH a little.

--
Best Regards: