[kde-linux] Opinion: KDE4 is very great, but does not deserve the version number

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:31:54 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 13:29:39 Randy Kramer wrote:
> Sorry for this ramble.  I think the name chosen (kde 4.0) sent the wrong
> signal to those people not close enough to the project to know what was
> really going on, and those people have to be considered when making a
> release.  After all, that's only fair, we (as developers or supporters of
> kde) want those people to consider kde when they choose their OS.

As you have indicated in your 'ramblings' :-) there is no perfect answer.

I will point out that I did post on this list a link to a video of the launch
key-note speech, from which a clear idea cold be formed of where things
stand.  I was told by a couple of readers that they couldn't be bothered - it
was too long.

You can't win 'em all :-)