[kde-linux] Kmail 4.082

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Tue Jun 17 16:18:05 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 17 June 2008 16:56, David Baron wrote:
> I cannot mail out directly from kmail because my provider does not allow
> relaying (what they do from a dynamic IP--they'll gladly let me pay for a
> fixed one, of course). So I send mail smarthost through exim4. So the
> "target" is localhost.
Hi,
Being still extremely ignorant about those topics I may not have understood
what (or rather how) you are trying to send your mail; thus my question:
	if your provider does not want to send mail from your dynamic IP,
	what difference should it make when you use exim instead of Kmail directly?

Perry

--
BOFH excuse #370: Virus due to computers having unsafe sex