[kde-linux] Encoding questions (Chusslove Illich)

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Wed Jun 11 15:56:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 15:29, Randy Kramer wrote:
> One thing I noticed the other day, but forgot to mention:  Yes, there is
> something on that page that seems to say the page is encoded in iso8859-1:

> But elsewhere on the same page there are lines that suggest that at least
> some part of it might be encoded in utf-8:
>
> google_afs_ie     = 'utf8';                  // select input encoding
> scheme google_afs_oe     = 'utf8';                  // select output
> encoding scheme
I have visited some web page (sorry I don't remember which), where I could
select the coding either to read the "outside" text proper to the site (on
top and left side), or to read the "message".
Since whith both settings the undisplayed characters were common french
accentuated letters I belive different encodings coexisted but the designer
of the page failed to write in some indications about that for the browser.

Perry

--
BOFH excuse #313: your process is not ISO 9000 compliant