[kde-linux] kdeprintd error

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:45:08 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 18:38:46 Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu July 31 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > My guess is that there is a print job stalled somewhere in the system.
> >  Try localhost:631 and check out Jobs.
>
> I always do an lpstat -t and check first..
> this HPR380 is a bit finicky with Linux.. sometimes it stalls, and even
> restarting cups doesn't work, I have to (UGH) reboot.
>
> > If that looks OK, check the Printer page - I have known times when a
> > printer has to be stopped then started after something upset it.
>
> see above:)
> paulandcilla:/home/pbc# lpstat -t
> scheduler is running
> system default destination: EpsonR380
> device for EpsonR380: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R380
>
> and of course now that I rebooted, she CAN print..

Paul, humour me :-)  If it happens again, make the two checks I recommended
and let us know whether you found the problem there.  Clearly something was
bunging up the works :-)

I don't use lpstat, so I could be misunderstanding, but it seems to me that
the command above tells you that the job is being sent, but it doesn't tell
you whether the printer is accepting input from the queue.  I'm betting it
wasn't.