[kde-linux] kdeprintd error

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Jul 31 17:38:46 UTC 2008

On Thu July 31 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> My guess is that there is a print job stalled somewhere in the system.  Try
> localhost:631 and check out Jobs.
I always do an lpstat -t and check first..
this HPR380 is a bit finicky with Linux.. sometimes it stalls, and even
restarting cups doesn't work, I have to (UGH) reboot.

> If that looks OK, check the Printer page - I have known times when a
> printer has to be stopped then started after something upset it.

see above:)
paulandcilla:/home/pbc# lpstat -t
scheduler is running
system default destination: EpsonR380
device for EpsonR380: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R380

and of course now that I rebooted, she CAN print..
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800