[kde-linux] KDE 3.5 Apps work in KDE 4.1?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:25:57 UTC 2008

One of the reviews I read on the KDE 4.1 release said that, so far as he knew
"all applications written for KDE 3.5 will continue running on 4.x".  I
wasn't aware of that--is it a true statement?

(I read the KDE 4.1 release announcement (http://kde.org/announcements/4.1/)
and re-read the KDE 4.0 announcement (http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/)
and didn't see any reference to that.)

The review I read was:

[[http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3761781/KDE+4.1+Review:
+The+Rocky+Road+of+the+New+KDE.htm][KDE 4.1 Review: The Rocky Road of the New
KDE]]--
'
Another factor that will affect whether KDE 4.1 is ready for you to use is
whether the KDE programs you use have been updated yet. So far as I know, all
applications written for KDE 3.5 will continue running on 4.x, but, sooner or
later, you will want versions that can take advantage of the new release's
features.
'

Randy Kramer