[kde-linux] Konqueror file browser

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 14 16:10:15 UTC 2008

On Monday 14 July 2008 16:53:17 sc wrote:
> On Monday 14 July 2008 09:55, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > this may seem off topic but i had the almost exact same
> > > experience with konqueror on suse linux 10.0 -- i double
> > > clicked on a .jpg and it opened in gwenview -- after that,
> > > every view in konqueror was provided by gwenview, with
> > > previews and huge icons -- i never did figure out why, and
> > > only an upgrade to suse ever made it act right again -- by
> > > that time i had discovered krusader, and i made sure i never
> > > again opened anything from konqueror that might invoke
> > > gwenview
> >
> > Did you file a bug report with SuSE?  They really need to know.  I've not
> > heard of it happening in any other distro.
> >
> > Anne
>
> erf -- no
>
> i'm too lazy i guess -- besides, i didn't really know it was
> suse, or konqueror, or gwenview, or kde -- i was new to
> linux at the time and for all i knew it was *me*
>
> whether true or not, i feel filing bug reports with suse is
> sort of like shooting at elephants with a bb gun
>
> further, i've never been a fan of applications that try to
> do all things for all people, which is how i categorize
> konqueror -- this gwenview "infection" was the impetus
> behind my discovering krusader, and i never looked back
>
> now, in view of the OP's experience with
> konqueror/kuickshow, added to your experience with just
> plain lots of stuff, i can see good cause to suspect suse --
> i would be happy to collaborate with the OP (lars?) on a
> suse bug report, but don't feel i should be the driver, as
> my experience was over a year ago, i've upgraded since then,
> and i have nothing i can point to as an example

If Lars files a bug he should post the bug number here, then you can go along
and confirm that it has happened to you.  It needs to be said that he's not
the only one experiencing it.  You (either of you) should check, first, that
such a bug report doesn't exist.  If it does, add your experience to it.