[kde-linux] Konqueror file browser

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:03:36 UTC 2008

On Monday 14 July 2008 03:42:14 Lars Koraeus wrote:
> I run openSuSE 11.0 with KDE 3.5. It is an update from openSuSE 10.3
>
> After having opened a jpg file and selected kuickshow as the default every
> entry in the left directory navigation window now open kuickshow instead of
> showing the content in the right window.  Where can I restore it to the
> original behaviour?

I can't  imagine how that could have happened.  You mean that whatever type
the file is, kuickshow is used to open it?  I can't think of any one-step way
to handle that.

The only thing I can suggest is that you go to kcontrol >KDE Components > File
Associations and search for each of your most commonly used file types,
fixing the preferred application for each.  Sorry that it's not an ideal
situation, but I can't suggest anything else.

Meanwhile, before you do that, and since you can't make things worse, could
you try selecting another app as the default for opening the jpg and see if
that changes everything again?  If it does, you have a bug that must be SuSE
specific, I think.  If it doesn't, it's a freak that we probably can't
explain, but it shouldn't happen again.