[kde-linux] Dolphin vs. Konqueror

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:57:17 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008 13:49:01 G. A. Gallup wrote:
> Kubuntu seems to have put together a mixed set of KDE applications.
> Some say they are part of KDE 3.5.9 and others part of KDE 4.03.
> Konqueror is 3.5.9, while I have versions of Dolphin for both.  Games
> are 4.03.  I haven't seen any other version numbers yet.  Thanks for
> your responses,

OK, so we'll try the shotgun approach. Ddo you have kcontrol?  If so -

kcontrol > KDE Components> File Associations.  Type pdf into the search box
and see what applications come up.  Move the one you want up to the top of
the list.

Mouse - IIRC it is

kcontrol > peripherals > mouse and select double click

If you don't have kcontrol, tell me and I'll give you the paths in System
Settings.