[kde-linux] Users guide to KDE?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 4 13:13:35 UTC 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 13:54:33 Randy Kramer wrote:
> I might have read the wrong things, but it wasn't until after KDE4 was
> released that I started to see the "caveats" that warned that KDE4 was not
> complete nor really ready for the ordinary user.

Yes, you read the wrong things, or none at all.

> What "ordinary" user wants to transition to a new <anything> that has fewer
> features than the old, except in very specific cases where those missing
> features have been identified and are features he doesn't want to use?

Have you really so little experience that you don't know about version x.0 of
anything?  I've been in computing since the 80's and it has always been
so.  .0 is 'mostly working, but you'll have some problems'.  The only
question is in how early in the .0 tree you get it to a wider audience.  M$
use vendors as beta testers, I understand.  FOSS don't have that benefit.
They use volunteer users.  No-one makes you use this early version.

I'm going to start ignoring totally unproductive messages like this one.