[kde-linux] Users guide to KDE?

Kevin M Coonan MD kevin.coonan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 22:08:40 UTC 2008

On Thursday 03 July 2008 15:53:15 Gaffer. wrote:
> I have no problem spell checking HTML,  but I do disagree with using
> HTML for mail !

So do don't use it.

I do a lot of technical writing via email where the additional mark up is crucial and there are standard conventions for use of color, italics, and fixed width fonts.

For most people, they expect to be able to make their e-mails look pretty even if it adds nothing to the message.

The fact that the KMail developers repeatedly refuse to allow people to forward an e-mail with HTML intact in spite of hundreds of people asking for it is inexcusable.  They are taking the approach that they know best for everyone and nobody else's use case matters.

I.e. they are acting like a bunch of Linux programmers.

Kevin