[kde-linux] Some composite effects of KWIN4 not working?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:37:13 UTC 2008

On Thursday 03 July 2008 15:00:23 Andreas Demmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running KDE 4.0.83 with the latest ATI catalyst drivers (8.493) on
> Xorg 7.3 with  AIGLX and KWIN4 with composite effects enabled. Some effects
> work well (e.g. shadows, dim, etc.), others do no. Especially neither the
> blur plugin (enabled but simply does nothing) nor window zoom does not
> work.
>
> Anything I missed? Any hints?

How urgent do you consider this?  4.1 is due out at the end of this month, and
will be available on distro mirrors very quickly after that.  I suspect that
the things you want will be fixed by then - though it is certain that not
everything will be perfect.  Personally, I'd rather wait for 4.1 than risk
messing things up :-)