[kde-linux] Possibility of problems when copying files over?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jan 24 19:34:30 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 24 Jan 2008, david wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> I don't think that's a fair comment.

>> I do.
>
> I never blame someone else for what I did.

It isn't blaming someone else to say that we need better quality control.

However, I think that the original comment is too harsh.  The KDE
project has grown and grown.  Developers are more interested in
developing new stuff than refining existing stuff -- quality control has
become a second or third priority rather than "Job One".  We have
reached the point where quality control needs to be an organized effort.
  Simply filing bugs and hoping that they get fixed by somebody doesn't
do it any more.  I have watched as KDE-3.4 & KDE-5 have gotten more
buggy and regressions have occurred that haven't been fixed.

However, all this is probably irrelevant to your problem since it is
probably caused by file permission and ownership.  So, try my suggestion
and I will get back to you.

--
JRT