[kde-linux] external Konqueror command

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jan 1 23:17:36 UTC 2008

Stuart Norman wrote:
> Changing that in the system menu now opens a new tab in the file manager,
> which is permanently running. I run PCLOS 2007 that's upgraded to KDE 3.5.8.
> Originally, there was an error in the menu - konq didn't work right from
> external links. I'm sure I've seen this work correctly - that the konq that
> has the focus will be the one directed to open an external URL in a new tab.
> If no webbrowser konq is open I want to click a link and have a new instance
> of konq loaded, then all other external links should open in a new tab in
> that. Yes, the "open in new tab" is checked in konq settings, but only works
> internally. I don't see anything in external app settings that would direct
> this command to konq.

I stopped using separate profiles for FileManagement & WebBrowsing
because I found it a pain, so I don't really have experience with it.

Have you tried:

	kfmclient newTab <URL> "text/html"

??

There is also a command: "kstart" that allows you to specify other
parameters such as the DeskTop number.  I don't know if that would help
or not.

I suspect that you are going to need a script and some DCOP to make this
work.

--
JRT