[kde-linux] Krfb performance question

Bogdan Carlescu bogdan.carlescu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 08:46:35 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I am using KDE on Slackware 12 and I would like to raise a question
about Krfb performance. I noticed that when a remote connection is
initiated and krfb is started the cpu goes to 100%. I noticed another
interesting issue: it is possible to see a movie that runs on the remote
desktop. That means the refresh rate of krfb is very high and this is
the reason for the such a high cpu usage. I have searched if it is
possible to lower this refresh rate (for VNC this is called "polling
cycle") but I had no success till now. Can you support in this issue?
Thank you kindly.

Best Regards,
Bogdan Carlescu
IT Integration and Security Engineer