[kde-linux] Starting kde 4

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed Feb 6 11:04:17 UTC 2008

On Saturday 9 February 2008 7:02, Tiago Maluta wrote:
> Tiago Maluta wrote:
> I madded a mistake, but now the problem was solved.
> I've changed the environment variables from my user whilst the correct
> way is change in the whole system, then I edited the /etc/profile and it
> works.

What I do is to edit startkde, and set the PATH in there. If you set up
the environment variables in /etc/profile, you won't be able to run KDE 3
sessions any more. (But remember that running KDE 4 will update
application config files in an incompatible way so that the KDE 3
applications won't be able to use them correctly any more. So keep a
separate $KDEHOME for each KDE version.)

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.