[kde-linux] k3b won't verify data

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Feb 4 19:39:40 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 02 February 2008 10:20:13 david wrote:
>> Gaffer. wrote:
>>> On Saturday 02 February 2008 09:55, david inscribed thus:

>>> This bug has been there quite a while.  In my experience it only seems
>>> to affect DVD's  CD's write and verify for me just fine.
>> I have only a CD burner, although the drive is one of those combo drives
>> able to read DVDs.
>>
>> Guess it's not going to get fixed ...
>
> I don't know whether it's an Ubuntu issue, but I suspect not.

It's not an Ubuntu issue - I'm running Debian Etch Lenny/Sid.

> I think that
> most times I've heard of it the reporter has mentioned owning a combo drive
> like yours.  If you are able to put a standard DVD drive in I suspect the
> problem will go away.

This is a laptop - I can't change out the drive. In fact, most laptops
I've run into included some kind of combo drive. So having this bug
around so long seems a little silly to me.

> It certainly is fine on every system I've handled, but
> I've never had a combo drive.

To make it weird, sometime back, there was a month or so when it
verified data just fine.

Oh, well!

--
David