[kde-linux] k3b won't verify data

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 2 09:55:18 UTC 2008

Have k3b 1.0.4 running with KDE 3.5.8 (Debian Lenny/Sid). Whenever I
tell it to verify data after burning, it completes the burn, pops open
the CD tray, waits patiently until I push the tray back in. Then it says
"Verifying Track" and NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING HAPPENS. The CD drive
makes a few clicking noise, but no reading begins. Just sits there doing
nothing. If I flip to another desktop, the CD icon shows up, can be
mounted, opened, data read from it, unmounted, ejected. And the whole
time k3b sits there "verifying data" but never reading anything.

Can't find a k3b bug database anywhere, but apparently this is well
documented amongst Ubuntu users in their forums.

Anything I can do about it?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com