[kde-linux] Kopete refuses to connect to GTalk

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 20:34:49 UTC 2008

> On the other hand, YIM refuses to connect with Kopete. I've never had
> any problem with Kopete losing settings.

Yeah, reading around, it seems that Yahoo does something strange with their
DNS servers or sth... the servers are online, but doing an nslookup fails
for the messenger address... I didn'et really understand what everyone was
saying.

anyways, changing the default server address for your yahoo account to
cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com seems to help quite a lot (connecting to the chinese
yim server)

Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix
TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog
(623)-239-1103 <-- Grand Central, baby!

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.