[kde-linux] kmail and kdewallet

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:07:13 UTC 2008

On Monday 29 December 2008 09:11:26 Andreas Demmer wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Looking for commonalities between people that have a problem is often a
> > good way of tracking down a cause.
>
> KMail also fails to read from my kwallet though kwallet is already up and
> running.
>
> Here's what KMail tells:
> ---
> kmail(4746) KWallet::Wallet::openWallet: Pass a valid window to
> KWallet::Wallet::openWallet().
> "/usr/bin/kmail(4746)" Error in thread 3019024128 :
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name
> org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service
> files"
> "/usr/bin/kmail(4746)" Error in thread 3019024128 :
> "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
> <unknown program name>(4743)/: Communication problem with  "kmail" , it
> probably crashed.
> Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not
> receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
> send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
> timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

Andreas, this is way outside my comfort zone, but here are a couple of
thoughts.  First, it's looking for nepomukstorage.  I wouldn't have thought
that the kde3 kontact would be using that, so is this the new kde4 version?
And if so, from what source?

Second - it mentions a dbus problem.  A number of people have been hit by dbus
problems recently - not sure, but I think it was a kernel issue - and an
update had to contain a reversion.  Could this be related to your problem?

Sorry I can't give any specific help