[kde-linux] a new medium has been detected - what do you want to do?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Dec 8 16:55:15 UTC 2008

On 2008/12/08 16:18 (GMT) Anne Wilson composed:

> On Monday 08 December 2008 15:45:50 Felix Miata wrote:

>> I accidentally made a dumb "always do this for this type of media" choice
>> for blank DVD media and now can't figure out how to undo it. When I have
>> K3B already open waiting for a blank to be inserted, there's no reason for
>> that popup to even happen in the first place. How do I stop that from
>> happening in 3.5.5??

> I'm running 4.1.3, but I think the resolution is the same.  In
> KDE4 it's systemsettings, in KDE3 it's kcontrol.  Either way you are looking
> for File Associations, which, IIRC, is under KDE Components in kcontrol, and
> is on the Advanced tab of systemsettings.  Under x-content you should see
> blank-dvd.  Remove the association and all should be well.

I looked in kcontrol file associations before writing. I couldn't, and still
can't, make any sense of it. In media for type blank DVD it shows blanks for
filename patterns and application preference order. For type dvd_unmounted it
won't let me remove any of the 4 items listed in application preference order.
--
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor
in vain."			Psalm 127:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/