[kde-linux] Setting keyboard repeat rate in KDE4

AAW AAW at milwpc.com
Sat Aug 23 22:43:32 UTC 2008

On Saturday, August 23, 2008 4:45 pm g wrote:
> AAW wrote:
> > This is probably right in front of me, but where do you change the
> > keyboard repeat setting in KDE4?
>
> if not thru desktop configs;
>
> open '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' and you should/will/may find
>  'Section "InputDevice"'.
>
> if so add line noted. if not, add all.
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
> 	Driver      "kbd"
> 	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"	    # change pc105 to your type
> 	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
> 	Option	    "AutoRepeat" "500 30"   #  add this line
> EndSection
>
> '500' = keypress delay for repeat to start. '30' = repeats per second.
>
> you will need to restart kde to effect.
>
> hth.

Thank you. I'll file that one in my Tips folder. I never thought of editing
xorg.conf.

It turns out that the problem only appears if Gnome is installed. System
settings tries to use the keyboard.desktop file from gnome-control-center
instead of KDE4's keyboard.desktop file. I don't know at this point whether
it's a Mandriva or KDE4 bug.

Thanks again,
Arn