[kde-linux] Konqueror: Named anchor in <pre> element not working

Lars Koraeus lars.koraeus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 12:44:13 UTC 2008

On Sunday 17 August 2008 06:27:50 Dominik Geyer wrote:
>  <head>
>   <title>Pre - named anchor test</title>
>  </head>
>
> <h1>Pre - named anchor test</h1>

> <pre style="border: solid 1px black; height: 250px; overflow: auto;">
> begin
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> some text
> .
> .
> .
> .
> end
> <a name="endoftext"></a>
> </pre>
>
> <h2><a name="heading">Next topic</a></h2>

The page is not long enough for you to see if it works or not.
You should post this in a html list. I cannot see that this has anything to do
with KDE.
However put a the DOCTYPE in the beginning of the document and move the target
to after the </pre>. Without DOCTYPE you can never know how it will be
treated. This example do work without DOCTYPE. You will see it if you make
the page longer.

/Lars