[kde-linux] kate "Documents" tool view

sc toothpik at swbell.net
Wed Apr 9 16:06:42 UTC 2008

wrote:
> >  > How can I start Kate without having the "Documents"
> >  > tool expanded?
> >
> >  On my system, (Debian Lenny):
> >  Alt-F2  ->  kate  ->  enter
>
> Hello Lisi,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Perhaps my system sucks, or I didn't explain myself very
> well (I had the impression, you were talking about how to
> get kate running, which is not surprising given my email
> ambiguity).
>
> On Kubuntu that also starts kate, but it still has the
> "Documents" tool expanded.
>
> Note that when I say `"Documents" tool expanded` I am not
> talking about how to get kate running, but about this panel
> on the left side of kate that is always displayed when I
> start it. This is apparently called "Documents" tool, and
> shows all the open files being edited in kate.
>
> Could you please confirm if you have or not that view
> expanded inside Kate when you start it?
>
> Cheers,

i have that view in my kate (suse linux 10.2), and i can
make it go away by clicking and dragging the panel bar all
the way to the left

further, i can save this session with Session, Save As as
'no_doc', and when next i open a module using kate, 'no_doc'
is the default session to open, which comes up with no
documents panel

hth,

sc