[kde-linux] Cannot access certain site

Dale dalek1967 at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 2 23:11:45 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 April 2008 21:09:31 david wrote:
>
>> The arrival of IE8, which by default is set to use Standards mode
>> instead of IE7 Quirks mode, will have a lot of impact on such sites.
>>

> Hopefully, yes.
>

>> Complaining is good. Especially if you were a paying customer unable to
>> buy from their site. If their only response to such a complaint is to
>> tell you to use IE, then they're not serious about customer service or
>> their business.
>>

> I've just told a bank that I will look elsewhere, as their otherwise excellent
> on-line service requires activeX.
>
> Anne

I had to have a talk with my bank a while back too.  They seemed to have
listened and made a couple changes.  At first, it was use IE or else.  I
explained that I am a 20 year customer and that I was not going to leave
quietly.  They saw the light then.  I can now visit without getting a
nasty gram.

Dale

:-)  :-)