[kde-linux] email URL link

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 18 20:05:29 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I'm running Firefox on Debian Etch.
> When I go to control center-KDE file associations using my login, I can
> change the associations for web browsers.
> When I go to file associations from my wifes login, and change html to
> firefox and say OK, it doesn't add anything. I tried to change epiphany  to
> be firefox, and when I hit OK it said I didn't have permissions to change a
> file, firefox.desktop. I think it was in /usr/share/applications.. I don't
> remember.

Unlikely, user specific modifications to file associations are stored
in .kde/share/mimelnk

You could check if that directory is writable on her account and if her
permission are OK to _read_ /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop

> what can I do to fix this?
> the issue is, when you go to an email in her login and click on a URL, it
> brings up konqueror.

You can try KDE Control Center -> KDE components -> component chooser -> Web
browser

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring