[kde-linux] Character encoding problem in KDE

Hellmut Weber mail at hellmutweber.de
Fri Sep 7 16:52:46 UTC 2007

Hi,
as german using german locale I have similar problems with 'äöüßÄÖÜ' as
you may imagine ;-)

It seems (as you can see with other effects too) utf-8 is not yet fully
supported. (Try for example to define a CUPS printer whose description
is e.g. 'Büro' =Office)

So I avoid names with special characters like 'é'. Sticking with
ASCII-127 (and not using blanks in file names) saves me lots of time and
problems,

Cheers

Hellmut

Dr. Hellmut Weber         mail at hellmutweber.de
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172
D-80803 München-Schwabing mobil +49-172-8450321
please: No DOCs, no PPTs. why: tinyurl.com/cbgq