[kde-linux] KDE Installation!

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:31:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:24:46 pm you wrote:
> First thanks for help. But, I don't want to install Kubuntu. What i want is
> to install KDE on ubuntu. Please help me in how to compile and install the
> KDE on Ubuntu.
Kubuntu is KDE on Ubuntu.

The kubuntu-desktop package is simply a metapackage which will automatically
install the basic KDE packages under Ubuntu. Kubuntu is simply Ubuntu with
KDE installed; you can easily run it and GNOME at the same time. You can
choose which splash screen and greeter (KDM or GDM) to use.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://q.geek.nz/