[kde-linux] Kopete and saving passwords.

Dale dalek1967 at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 31 23:15:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

I use Kopete to do my Yahoo instant messaging.  For some time now when I
close Kopete or log out of KDE, the password gets messed up and I have
to reenter the password.  I notice that it adds extra characters to the
password.  It is the little bullet things but there is more of them than
is in my password.

Is there a fix for this?  Is this a bug?  A wrong setting on my system
maybe?

I use Gentoo Linux.  I have kopete-3.5.8 installed with the following
flags:  arts crypt groupwise highlight history jingle sametime ssl
statistics texteffect yahoo -addbookmarks -alias -autoreplace
-connectionstatus -contactnotes -debug -gadu -irc -kdeenablefinal
-kdehiddenvisibility -latex -netmeeting -nowlistening -slp -sms
-translator -webpresence -winpopup -xinerama -xscreensaver

Any help would be appreciated.

Dale