[kde-linux] (kde) bluetooth debian sid

Patrick patrick at evilplatypus.net
Tue Oct 23 18:52:48 UTC 2007

Good to hear you're making progress. I finally got KBluetooth to find my phone
and keep finding it. New version requires the phone to always be visible
though (??) because it doesn't offer any "last used" history anymore. If
that's what it takes, I can live with that. OBEX file transfers now work
flawlessly.

Using the phone as a HID also works, I had to re"pair" the phones via the
command line bluez tools (hcitool mostly) as root and then as used, but it
seems to have remembered the PIN now and connecting works from the phone.
Since I use my PC as a media player too, this saves me a lot of troubles.

Only thing that doesn't work if the sync. I'm trying to crack that via
kitchensync (yep, I'm a total KDE-whore ;)) and it will connect with the
mobile phone quite well, tell me how many items it read, but then the KDE-PIM
side will crash. so, I actually think the bluetooth side of that works and
the phone agrees.

I'll try gammu /wannu too and see what that does, nice tip, thanks.

Patrick