[kde-linux] Missing Symbol g_once_init_enter_impl (solved)

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Oct 14 19:49:42 UTC 2007

>There is still a lot of this going around on Sid:
>... symbol lookup error: ... undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl

>Called from x stuff, pango stuff, etc. Disable numerous programs from Mozilla
>to Lilypond. A real pain.

>Any fix?

A hint was found in other "bug" lists such as from ubuntu, etc. Duplicate
libglib's around. Mine was in $KDEDIR/lib. I move them out of the way
(hopefully KDE will still work--KDE apps should not be using this stuff,
usually referenced in gtk and pango apps).

I have previously had such stuff and requested that KDE builds not replace or
duplicate libs on the distro. I guess to little avail.