[kde-linux] kooka scanning software

Richard cms0009 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:42:11 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 3:42:49 am Peter Catchlove wrote:
> ...yes, sorry to dampen the euphoria, but my experience with tesseract was
> the same as Richard's: much better, but still far from what you get with
> the (effectively) free stuff you get automatically when you purchase your
> scanner. While it's true that the best OCR is likely to be commercial, it's
> frustrating that there's stuff which does a very good job and is virtually
> given away, but can't be run under linux. Peter

Here Here !!!,
this is just one of a few areas, Linux needs some more development in,
instead of eye candy

OCR program, that can compete with Windows Based
and that can be intergrated into KDE very well.

[Unified
Kontact Manager (Email Notes Calender Schedule..etc ) aka: Outlook
with Koffice Word, Database, Presentation, Spreadsheet aka: MS Office
Professional... All those apps working together and working inside KDE,
as a Core SET with a Common database (sql) backend.] So you have one big
unified ( GTD ) application (GTD = Getting Things Done )

and last:
a Central Development Application, ( RAD ) that can work with the 10 Top
programming languages... instead of using several application to program
aka: Apples XCODE

--

Cheer's
Richard