[kde-linux] Problem with skim using KDE apps

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Nov 26 10:55:29 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007, Murray Trainer wrote:

> and have set the variables below as suggested in the FAQ:

Which FAQ?

> export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
> export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
> export QT_IM_MODULE=scim
>
> and I have skim working OK but I can't input characters from SKIM into KDE
> applications.  It is working for OpenOffice, Firefox and Gnome Evolution.
> Is there something special I need to do for KDE to make it work?

Where to you set them?
Are they present in the environment used by the KDE starter script "startkde"?
I.e. testing it bydoing ALT+F2, typing
env > /tmp/env.txt

and checking if the three variable as present and correctly set
in /tmp/env.txt

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring