[kde-linux] kooka scanning software

Richard cms0009 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:20:12 UTC 2007

been trying out this program, for the most part, all seems to work okay,
scanning in documents...however, using GOCR ocr software, to scan image,
after the fact, its not doing a good job at all, even at 400 dpi setting.

I've saved the image, in bmp, tga png, and jpeg with color and no color
or lineart... still OCR is not displaying text correct

Anyone know of the correct setting to scan in Documents,
what resolution and what format to save as...

Then how to get GOCR to work right ? ( please note: it does get a few words
correct )....A Few

I need to scan in about 300 hundred documents, to be archive,
would like to be able to have them scan and ocr into a openoffice format..etc
or .pdf format (that you search on text inside.pdf)

TIA
Richard