[kde-linux] Starting up KDE hangs with a black desktop and movable mouse cursor.

Phillip Pi ant at zimage.com
Mon Nov 19 02:15:51 UTC 2007

Hello.

Two days ago on my home Debian system, I exited KDE v3.5.x (not sure
exactly what version I have) and X back to console/text mode and
restarted it (startx) but now I get a hang. I see a black desktop/GUI/X
with a movable mouse cursor after seeing NVIDIA logo and an one second
gray desktop. I have to use ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X to get out of
it.

I did some investigations and experiments as well. You can see the logs,
results, etc. in
http://www.kde-forum.org/artikel/17919/Starting-up-KDE-hangs-with-a-black-desktop-and-mov.html
thread since they would be too much to post in here.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"One day he sprained an ankle rather than crush an ant." --Les
Miserables
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi at earthlink.net or ant at zimage.com
    ( )