[kde-linux] Installing KDE in Home Directory

O. Olson olson_ord at yahoo.it
Sat May 26 03:14:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am using CentOS 4.4. Is there a way to install KDE
into my home directory - without having the root
privileges? I have a virtually unlimited disk space -
but I cannot get the root on this machine (where I
work).

        I have used KDE 3.4 before - but now with
CentOS the KDE is only 3.3. I know that the current
version is 3.5 - so I think it would be better to have
a more recent KDE.

        I am new to installing stuff under Linux - but
after installing QT 3.3.7 I know the ./configure,
./make, ./make install process. I downloaded Konstruct
- and tried to see if KDE would install and first it
complains regarding the libpcre, and then crashes
because it cannot find /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.la

Thanks to anyone who has ideas to help me.

O.O.