[kde-linux] Koffiice ans OASIS

John Meyer john.l.meyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:24:42 UTC 2007

xavier mas wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am using now  Koffice (formerly I used OpenOffice for long time) because is
> very easy to use and a light suite and like it very much. However, I think
> it's big problems with its filters as can't export or import .doc documents
> (ignores utterly the images and text frames. But what most astonish me is
> that isn't compatible with the OASIS open format: if you try to open an .odt
> file created with OOo images and frames get very much meshed up.
>
> Is there any patch for it or Koffice team has any idea to solve this handicap
> of its  filters?

I tried a resume myself, just to see the results, and you were right on.
  First off, when I scrolled up and down things disappeared and I had to
bring them back into view by selecting all.  Also, it didn't seem to
support the bulleted list properly.
Personally, I'm going to subscribe to the koffice list and see if there
are any workarounds.  Abiword, for instance, seems to import it just fine.