[kde-linux] Please Help!

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss03 at volumehost.net
Thu Mar 15 11:14:51 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007, Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer at gmail.com> wrote
about 'Re: [kde-linux] Please Help!':
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 14:48:18 Konstantin Lungu wrote:
> > Hi. How could i make shell scripts run by clicking on them, no by
> > executing a shell script program? Thanks in advance.
>
> Just make sure the script has the appropriate hashback (#!/bin/bash,
> #!/usr/bin/perl etc) in the first line and is marked as executable
> (chmod +x [script file]). Double-clicking of the script now will execute
> it. Note that you won't see the stdout or stderr output, and you cannot
> make use of the stdin either.

In theory (I haven't tried), you could add an association to the mime type
so that konsole runs the command (something like konsole -e %f).  This
would allow you to see the stdout/stderr at least.  You could even type /
paste text into the konsole window and the shell script would see it on
it's stdin.  You'll still need to have a shebang at the top of the file
and have it marked executable.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03 at volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))